Friday 8 January 2016

General English - Questions & Answers - 3


31. A manhunt may be also for a ……
(a) cat (b) woman
(c) stolen car (d) ghost
Answer: (b)

32. He …… in the middle of the speech:
(a) put on (b) set out
(c) ran down (d) broke out
Answer: (d)

33. I want to avoid …… him.
(a) to meet (b) from meeting
(c) meeting       (d) meets
Answer: (c)


34. I will catch the man who hurt you ……. may be the price.
(a) however (b) whenever
(c) whatever (d) whichever
Answer: (c)

35. I’m afraid that the soup is ……. cold.
(a) fairly  (b) more (c) most (d) rather
Answer: (d)

36. The correctly spelt word is:
(a) Crusifixion (b) Crucifixion
(c) Crucifiction (d) Crusification
Answer: (b)


37. The Indian cricket team was in a tight spot, but their bowlers ….. to the occasion.
(a) rose up (b) rising
(c) descended (d) lived
Answer: (a)

38. The opposite of ‘Artless’:
(a) Embroidered (b) Crafty
(c) Circumlocuted (d) Plain
Answer: (b)

39. The opposite of the word ‘chaos’:
(a) Order (b) Conceit
(c) Miracle (d) Caution
Answer: (a)

40. The synonym of ‘Salute’ is:
(a) Pollute (b) Dilate (c) Greet (d) March
Answer: (c)

41. A car and a bike …… my means of transportation.
(a) had  (b) will  (c) are  (d) is
Answer: (d)

42. Choose the correct sentence from the following.
(a) The boys have gone to a cinema last night
(b) The boys went to a cinema last night
(c) The boys had gone to a cinema last night
(d) The boys will go to a cinema last night
Answer: (b)

43. I am using my pen (change to passive).
(a) My pen is being used (b) My pen is using
(c) My pen used by me (d) My pen being used
Answer: (a)

44. One who abstains from completely from alcohol:
(a) Pagan (b) Hypocrite
(c) Cynic (d)  Teetotaller
Answer: (d)

45. Personal belongings, or accessories, equipment associated with a trade or hobby:
(a) Paraphernalia (b) Etiquette
(c) Stereotype (d) Credentials

No comments:

Post a Comment