Tuesday 12 January 2016

General English - Questions & Answers - 19

271. Don't count your chickens before they are _____.
(a) hatched (b) grown up
(c) fried (d) sold
Answer: (a)

272. It ____ rain today.
(a) may (b) was (c) do (d) is
Answer: (a)


273. Of my three daughters she is ____.
(a) elder (b) the eldest (c) older (d) oldest
Answer: (b)

274. ____ he invited me, I would have gone to the party.
(a) Although (b) If
(c) Unless (d) Had
Answer: (d)

275. If we provided better comforts, we _____ more tourists.
(a) attract (b) could have attracted
(c) could attract (d) attracted
Answer: (c)

276. Please explain ____  what you want.
(a) me (b) to me (c) in me (d) with me
Answer: (b)


277. Which part of the sentence has an error?
(a) If I had known (b) this yesterday
(c) I will have helped him.  (d) No error
Answer: (c)

278. He said to Ahmed, “I’ll be late”. (Change to indirect)
(a) She said to Ahmed that I’ll be late.
(b) She told Ahmed that she will be late.
(c) She told Ahmed that she’d be late.
(d) She told Ahmed that she could be late.
Answer: (c)

279. What is the noun form of the word ‘Injure’?
(a) Injurious (b) Injection
(c) Injunction (d)  Injury
Answer: (d)

280. One who suddenly risen to wealth and importance:
(a) Upstart (b) Convalescent
(c) Dunce (d)  Vagabond
Answer: (a)

281. Find the correctly  spelt word:
(a) Cerramic (b) Seramic
(c) Ceramik (d)  Ceramic
Answer: (d)

282. _____ you do not work hard you cannot succeed.
(a) Unless (b) If (c) Till (d) Untill
Answer: (b)

283. ‘Matrimony’ means:
(a) Giving money (b) Wedding gift
(c) Marriage (d) Gift
Answer: (c)

284. ‘Poke your nose into something’ means:
(a) To be suspicious
(b) To try to discover things that do not involve you
(c) Face the danger 
(d) Show cowardice
Answer: (b)

285. A few people knew the answer, _____?
(a) did they (b) did it (c) didn’t they (d) didn’t it

No comments:

Post a Comment