Tuesday 12 January 2016

General English - Questions & Answers - 22


316. She told her son  ____ she had often told him not to play with fire.
(a) that (b) which (c) as (d) but
Answer: (a)

318. The synonym of ‘AVOIDANCE’:
(a) Fly (b) Evasion
(c) Avocation (d) Eschew
Answer: (b)


318. The synonym of ‘DAMSEL’:
(a) Witch (b) Maiden
(c) Widow (d) Bitch
Answer: (b)

319. Which part of the sentence has an error?
(a) I shouldn’t/ (b) have done that/
(c) if I was you. (d)  No error
Answer: (c)

320. The meaning of the idiom ‘To play to the gallery’:
(a) Trying to get appreciation from least intelligent people
(b) To work hard to achieve the best
(c) Use wrong means to achieve success
(d) To be able to do a work easily
Answer: (a)

321. Here are your shoes; I _____ them.
(a) just cleaned (b) just clean
(c) have just cleaned (d) had cleaned
Answer: (c)


322. My friend  ____ to temple now. His mother ____ everyday.
(a) goes, has gone  (b) has gone, had gone
(c) is going, goes  (d)  goes, is going
Answer: (c)

323. One who eats everything:
(a) Omniscient (b) Omnipotent
(c) Omnivorous (d) Omniverse
Answer: (c)

324.  Select the correct sentence:
(a) Which is the best of the two?
(b) Which is the better of the two?
(c) Which is the best among the two?
(d) Which is the better among the two?
Answer: (b)

325. A sea abounding in islands:
(a) Strait (b) Gulf (c) Archipelago (d) Isthumus
Answer: (c)

326. Choose the right sentence in indirect speech. He said to me, “what are you doing?”
(a) He asked me what I was doing
(b) He asked me what he was doing
(c) He asked me what I did
(d) He asked me what I were doing of
Answer: (a)

327. Government by the Gods:
(a) Theocracy (b) Thearchy
(c) Plutocracy (d) Kakistocracy
Answer: (b)

328. There might have been a great flood if the rains ____.
(a) would stop (b) did not stop
(c) had not stopped (d) do not stop
Answer: (c)

329. They now jeered ___ him whom they once acclaimed as their hero.
(a) by (b) in (c) at (d) into
Answer: (c)

330. Very few cities in India ____ so busy as Delhi.
(a) am (b) are (c) are (d) was

No comments:

Post a Comment